Who we are…
Renew is a ragtag collection of surrendered and transformed people who love God and others. We are mesmerized by the idea that this is not about us, but all about Jesus. We are transfixed by His story and His heart for the city. We are seed throwers and fire starters, rock removers and soil tillers, hope peddlers and grace givers, risk-takers and dreamers, young and old. We link arms with anyone who tells the story of Jesus. We empower the poor, strengthen the weak, embrace the outcast, and seek the lost. We serve together, play together, worship together, and live life together. Our city will change because God sent us!
We believe that there is a God, who loves us tremendously and created us. We believe that humanity, in an attempt to be like God, rebelled and caused a separation to occur between God and ourselves. We believe that God had a plan to fix this mistake, by sacrificing Himself for us, in the greatest act of love possible. We believe that we can now have restored relationships with God and humanity because of this sacrificial love, and that we are called to share this story with everyone. We believe that God has a plan for us, knows us personally and calls each one of us into a deep relationship with Him. We believe that the clearest expression of this story is found in the Bible, but that God uses many things throughout creation to help us understand His love, and His greatness. We believe that we are called by love, to love, through love, and that without God’s love we are lost. We believe that God is recapturing all the lost souls for Himself and one-day, all will be made whole again. We believe that part of God’s plan is for us to bring healing to the hurt and suffering. To this end we seek to partner with people as God works this healing in their lives. We believe that we have the ability to make a difference in people’s lives!
We believe that if you have questions, you can call and talk to us or visit our service.
What exactly are we trying to do here at Renew?
- To create a passionate inspirational God focused worship experience
- To produce a caring and a loving community, focusing on helping individuals and families recover from brokenness and wounds
- To generate an active discipleship experience by working with the poor and those in need, and by supporting small groups
- To motivate a mission focused community, providing opportunities for international work and by helping members serve
- To welcome everyone, to embrace everyone, to love everyone, to hope for everyone and to inspire everyone